Friday, October 10, 2008

#23 week 9... Creative Commons and THE END!

I still struggle with understanding copyright and Creative Commons. I am fully supportive of people sharing their work. I appreciate it. In light of trying to make things like blogs and Power point presentations interesting with photos and video, it is very difficult to understand what images and videos are available for use without breaking these rules. Flickr has some explanation of the concept and also what is available on their site under which license, but understanding the details is still very difficult. For instance, if I want to use a photo on my blog, what sort of use is that? It's not for profit; it's not for commercial use; I am not changing the photo. I just want to use it to make things interesting and more aesthetic. AND there's the whole issue of book cover imagery. Hmmm...

So, from what I can tell, this quote links the 2.0 lessons to it's Creative Commons cousin in another incarnation. "Learning 2.0 is a discovery learning program created by Helene Blowers. Content and style for School Library Learning 2.0 and Classroom Learning 2.0 have been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License."


No comments: