Thursday, March 20, 2008

Off topic: Goodreads

my 'read' shelf:
 my read shelf
Ok, if you all don't know about Goodreads, you should. It is the most fabulous social networking site about books. It has widgets to add to Facebook or to your blog. It has features for making to-read lists, favorites lists, any kind of list you can imagine. Plus you can write or read reviews... and oh yeah, if you are a writer, you can self-publish there too. I can't say enough good things about it. I have included a widget that shows my to-read bookshelf in my right column under the "about me" information. There have been great discussions started on Goodreads.

There are also some students on Goodreads. It is a way for them to marry their online selves with their book-reading selves. Gotta love it.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Thanks for alerting us to GoodReads. What are your ideas for introducing students to this? When I was in school, I had a little notebook where I kept a list of all books I read -- and I loved how that list grew. GoodReads is so much more powerful.

When you get to Week #7 (wiki week),why don't you start a new page in the SLL2.0 wiki, devoted to GoodReads curriculum connection ideas.

bibliofan said...

Hey, this is great! I added it to my del.icio.us account!