Saturday, June 28, 2008

Today's the day...

For all the events... This morning I had a pretty good workshop on collaboration: Maximizing Your Impact. There were decent lesson plan examples that could help me. An ongoing issue I have though with information literacy attempts is that I haven't found a good curriculum set for high school students. Most of the stuff I encounter is for the younger-aged student (middle-ish) or the college student. Has anyone in high school found a way to not re-invent the wheel?

On another note, I got Francesca Lia Block's autograph this morning on my very own copy of Weetzie Bat. Next up, I am going to hear her speak (or read). Then it's off to hear Greg Mortensen (Three Cups of Tea). Pictures to follow this evening!

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Hope you got to the ETS-Educational Testing Service exhibit and picked up information on iSkills. They offer a test for high school and college. Several California State University campuses and one or more high schools participated in early development work.

Hope you had a great time in Anaheim at ALA Conference. Did you have your photo taken in the DEMCO exhibit? I couldn't resist.